Sunday, October 20, 2013

My Signature Oatmeal Raisin Cookies



Tomorrow is the 2 year Anniversary for when my Dad died (Oct 21). I wanted to do something that reminded me of him and that would also be something celebratory. A few weeks ago the thought of making his favourite cookies came to mind...thus, I made my killer Oatmeal Raisin Cookies!

Growing up he would always LOVED when I made these cookies so I thought it would be fun to share the recipe :)

Enjoy!

3/4 stick of butter (Kerry Gold is in my opinion the only butter anyone should use, lol! We get ours at Trader Joe's)
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (I'm making my own extract an will post on that soon!)
3 cups quick oats, uncooked
1 cup all-purpose flour (try to stay away from bleached and enriched)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup raisins
Optional: 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

Heat oven at 375°F. 

Grease baking sheet.

Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies. 

Combine butter, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in large bowl. 

In another bowl, Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed just until blended. Stir in raisins (and nuts). 




Drop rounded tablespoon fulls of dough 2" apart onto baking sheet. 

Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool two minutes on baking sheet  and then remove cookies to foil to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment