Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Banana Bread

I don't know what has come over me, but in the last 3 weeks, I've started baking again!  First, I made banana bread.  I hadn't made banana bread in years!  Many years!  Then last week I made seriously the world's best chocolate chip cookies!  They were delicious.  This week, I made some more banana bread and wanted to share the recipe because it's seriously so so easy!

I got this recipe from my friend Haley, who got it from a lady at work.  So who knows where it actually came from.  Boy is it good!


1/2 cup soft butter  (I always suggest Kerry Gold Butter. Irish yummy butter! We get ours at Trader Joes)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
3-4 ripe mashed bananas (I used 5 bananas once and had enough mixture for 6 banana muffins too)
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tps baking powder
1/2 tsp salt  (sea salt is the best)

Bake at 350f

9 x 5 loaf = 50-60 minutes
9 x 9 = 35-40 minutes

Pour it all in the same bowl and blend it all together until it's all wet and resembles a cake-type mixture.

I think the reason my cookies and banana bread have tasted so especially delicious is because my friend, Lori, gave me some of her HOMEMADE pure vanilla extra!  She made it in July (ordered the beans online, scrapped each and everyone out and soaked the insides in vodka for 6 months).  Crazy!  Crazy good! hehehe.

If you make this, share with us how it turns out.

Once mine cools for 20ish minutes, I always take it out of the loaf pan and just have it cool on the counter.  Last night however I was going to bed and didn't want it just sitting on my counter, so I wrapped it in wax paper.  I think that helped keep the moisture in because this morning is was super moist!  Now I just have it in cling-wrap (plastic wrap).










No comments:

Post a Comment